This is tremendous news if you’ve been planning to create and sell courses online. Local company, WooThemes, has developed a WordPress plugin called Sensei that enables you to build courses, write lessons, and craft exams to test your learners.
How Sensei works
- Courses are built on the basic “post” principle, using “Lessons” as a custom post type
- Users sign up using the traditional WordPress registration. Each learner has their own dashboard and can track their progress through lessons and coursework
- You can charge for your courses by using the wildly popular (and free) WooCommerce plugin which integrates with Sensei
- Sensei includes course analytics, so you can monitor your content, results and students
- As an added bonus, the plugin is designed to work with any well-coded WordPress theme
Read the announcement post and watch the intro video here.
Sensei is available for the introductory price of $79 (single site licence) for a “limited time”, so if you’re interested, visit WooThemes for more info while the promotion is still running.