I’ve had this problem recently where websites like Facebook, DSTV and an assortment of other ones keep hanging in Chrome. At first I thought it was a problem with the exchange or International bandwidth, but then I found an interesting solution.
If you’re experiencing this problem, here are the steps you can follow.
1. Open up a Chrome tab and type about:plugins into the address bar.
2. Make sure you click the “Details” button at the top right to expand all the information.
3. What you want to look for is Flash
4. Disable this entry. Please note, on a Windows machine you want to disable the Flash entry with the file gcswf32.dll
5. Restart Chrome
6. Visit get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and download Flash again.
7. Install it
8. Restart Chrome
I cannot tell you how frustrating it was trying to work whilst 80% of the websites I visited just simply died. So anyway, here’s to hoping that this assists some of you who are experiencing Chrome hanging or being insanely slow.