piece written on the 25th May 2009 by
- This competition is conducted by Nokia and Paul Jacobson (‘the Organiser’), and is open to everyone except directors, members, agents, employees and immediate family members of any employees of the Organiser, its advertising agencies or advisors.
- By entering the competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the Organiser in its sole discretion, and its decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding.
- By entering the competition, all participants agree to receive ongoing communication from Nokia and Paul Jacobson. An opportunity to unsubscribe will be available in all communication.
In order to qualify for entry into the competition, the participant must be a South African resident at least 18 years or older and in possession of a valid South African Identity Document.
- The competition will close on the 2nd of June 2009 as soon as 3 correct entries have been received on your blog.
- The Main Prize is valid for each of the 3 winners that each qualify as a South African resident, at least 18 years of age and in possession of a valid South African Identity Document.
- Nokia reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to formal notification within one week of winner selection and randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries. In such circumstances, the replacement winner shall be contacted by Nokia as soon as reasonably practicable and shall be required to respond to Nokia in the manner set out in such correspondence. In the event that the replacement winner fails to respond to Nokia as required, then the provisions of this clause shall apply to that new winner in the same way as if he/she were an original winner.
- Prizes are neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute or change a prize at its sole discretion. The Organiser reserves the right to terminate the competition at any time. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the prize at any time without prior notification.
- The winner hereby agrees to allow the Organiser, after obtaining the winner’s written permission, to require the winner (at no fee) to be identified and a photograph taken and published in printed media, or to appear on radio, the Internet, email and television, when accepting his/her prize.
- All participants and the winner indemnify the Organiser, its advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers and nominated agents against any and all claims, damages or loss howsoever arising, including but not limited to willful misconduct or negligent act or omission arising from their participation in this competition.
- In the event of any dispute whatsoever, the decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Additional terms, conditions and restrictions do apply. These are available on request.
- The Organiser will not be held liable for any misinterpretation of the prize, rules and conditions or any specific part thereof.